Saturday, December 26, 2009

12/26/2009: Old News is Good News

Lately it seems that more of my Google Alerts are bits of old news that are somehow resurfacing. Today, the search engine turned up this gem, a mini-story that epitomizes the Capital Community College experience. The students described in this bite from the Hartford Courant weren't in my classes, yet their stories seem so familiar, reinforcing my impression that amazing life experiences are pretty common among our students:
http://articles.courant.com/keyword/capital-community-college

2 comments:

  1. Off topic, but do you know anything about if and how CCC plans to coordinate in any way with St. Joe's pharmacy school that's planned to open a few blocks away? It seems like a natural partnership/symbiotic relationship could develop between the two, but I haven't heard anything yet.

    Here's one write-up on this: http://www.sjc.edu/news/pharmacy_location.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! Shows just how often I've been checking my own blog lately that I'm only responding just now. That's a very good question, to which I have no answer, but I'll most certainly try to follow up if I get the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete