Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Post #1.0

When the renovated G. Fox Building opened in 2002, I started coming here to work at Capital Community Colege. Even back when the lobby was full of empty storefronts and construction dust, I thought that this project was a great idea. Seven years later, I look around and think about how lucky I have been to be able to spend time in this fantastic environment. I often wonder why the college and the building haven't received more recognition, for together they seem to me a beacon of urban revitalization and a model for cities around the country to emulate. Everyone within driving distance should come and check it out when they have the chance, and leave time to look at the rest of downtown Hartford while they're at it.

1 comment:

  1. I like that near the escalators there are maps showing where all of the departments used to be. It's fun knowing the I work in what was roughly the apron/uniform department.

    ReplyDelete